Tuesday, September 8, 2015

9/8 Bayonne to St. Jean Pied de Port

9/8 Bayonne to St. Jean Pied de Port
Today was a later start because I left my charger in Barcelona so I had to wait for the stores to open at 10:30 to get one. There was a short train then bus ride for 1.5 hours to St. Jean. On the bus and train, everyone is really friendly because everyone has their packs and want to find like speaking walkers. I met this Israeli with a very hard name to pronounce so she went by Nice. Works for me. Once we got there around noon we saw the St. Jean tourist center didn't open until 2 so we had to wait... At 2 we are the first in and figure out there's a Pilgrim's office we were supposed to go to. Well that wastes our time! We go to the office and get our shell and Pilgrim's Passport. We hung around town and found an Albergue for the night. When Nice's two friends came into town, we went for dinner. I got a burger and it was brutal. They put salsa on it? That's all I could describe it as. They also do not cook it very long as I believe mine was still moo-ing.


No comments:

Post a Comment