Tuesday, September 1, 2015

9/1 Blue Lagoon in Iceland

9/1 - Iceland
I arrived in Iceland at 6:30 AM and quickly moved through customs. It went so fast, being my first time, that I was baffled I wasn`t hassled more. I took the first bus to the Blue Lagoon because it`s advertised so much from the airport. It was expensive but the beautiful blue water on the black volcanic rock was a sight worth it.

After the Blue Lagoon, I took the first bus to Reykjavik to explore the town quickly before heading to bed after the long travel day...

First, the walk to the hostel in downtown from the bus station... not that bad, 15 minutes tops.

Last, I met some ideal hostel roommates (Coloradoan, Canadian (Vancouver), and French (Lyon)) the first night that ended up keeping me awake quite a while. We were all similar age and shared some great stories, we photobombed some tourists like ourselves, and enjoyed the famous Icelandic hotdogs. The best part of the night was strolling up to the hot dog hut, and they had an option to add another hot dog. Being hungry and awkward as always, I jumped on that opportunity of having two hot dogs in one bun... the sexual innuendos started flying... and the Icelandic man working¨blushed and quietly said, "some people call that a threesome!"










No comments:

Post a Comment