Saturday, September 19, 2015

9-19 Ages to Hornillos del Camino

9/19 Ages to Hornillos del Camino
Today was a long day and the sun was pretty dang hot the second half of the day. I headed out around 7 AM and quickly met up with fellow travelers. The first stop, I had what I can best describe as a breakfast sandwich. It really was on of their tortillas which is like a potato quiche in a sandwich with an egg and of course ham. That fielded me and I met back up with Gil the Dutchman and company. He always has a following of people around him. We shared the last 10k walk into Burgos with it all being the industrial side of town. It wasn't very photogenic. The funniest was seeing a broken down hotel called the Las Vegas Hotel. Burgos was a bustling city with a lot going on, but I quickly walked through it. After Burgos, there wasn't much scenery. It turned into these rolling mesas that seem never ending. The last 5k my shin started to hurt a little. People that I talked to said shin splints. It's never happened before so we will see if it goes away. I had a reservation which is nice because the town appeared to be full. There weren't many restaurants in town but the albergue was very comfy and the owner was very very helpful.

















No comments:

Post a Comment