Monday, September 14, 2015

9/14 Logrono to Najera



9/14 Logroño to Nájera
Today wasn't too bad of a day. It was sad leaving everyone in Logroño to strike out on my own again. We created a good bond over the last couple of days and it was sad to see them off. A few were done for the week, and some were leaving later. It was overcast most of the day and the sun came out the last couple of hours. It was hilly with many fields on the way. While wandering these paths alone, you think a lot and I was thinking what will become of these people. They all were good people and I only hope the best for them. For much of the day I contemplated this crazy life and how we only get to live how we want to once. The best way I could piece it together in my head was that everyone's life is a marathon with an unknown destination. You never know when it will end and which path is the right one, but you have to have a little faith that your own the correct one. Everyone has their own unique path. If your path leads you to a cliff's edge, then you just have to retrace and go in another direction. It wasn't a failure or end of the road, just a wrong direction and a lesson learned. I just pondered a lot of things.
In Nájera, all albergues were full again by 2 so we started asking around. I met a Pennsylvanian (Jason) to help find a hotel. We were ok with spending a little more than the normal 10 euros just to find a place after all the "esta completos" we heard. The hotel wonder had no rooms but for 20 euros each we got our own room in an apartment with a bathroom. That was nice to spread out in and lay down. I got ready to hop in the shower and after 10 minutes of running the water it was ice cold. I had to just "man up" and get in. That stunk! I got dressed and headed to the hotel for Wifi and the lady running it said, oh I'm heading to turn on the hot water now... Well that explains it!!! Jeesh! Oh well. We went for tapas and I tried pigs ear and thick bacon. It was not very good. Oh well, can say you've done that!

Pigs ear and fried bacon! No idea what they call it though.


Viana, Spain








No comments:

Post a Comment