Friday, September 11, 2015

9/11 Trinidad de Arre to Villatuerte

9/11 Trinidad de Arre to Villatuerte
Today was a long one. It took about an hour to get to Pamplona. It was a decent sized city but looked more modern than most we have been in so far. I stopped for a pastry type breakfast item, and 20 minutes did again and noticed the bags were the same... It was a chain pastry shop in town! I had been had! It was overcast most of the day, but finally pulled away from the pack going up the climb after Pamplona. I ran down and believe I scared many people because I was being wild with a 30 pound pack on my back. 3 out of the maybe 6 towns today had major advertisements on the way for lavish Albergues. I wanted to badly to stop and spend a day in style... The end of the normal day was supposed to be Puente la Reina. Immediately after leaving town, I realized most people called it a day. As I trudged on, I began to get an uneasy feeling as Albergue after Albergue was full. It wasn't until 15k after the usual stop was there an open bed. First the Spanish speaking lady was not open to having me, but finally she just said there is one open bed and let me stay. It was a miracle!









No comments:

Post a Comment