Thursday, September 3, 2015

9/3 Laugavegur Hike in Iceland Day 2

9/3 Laugavegur 30K
Early to bed and early to rise! Most wake up around 7:00 AM and started milling around making breakfast. I packed up quickly, grabbed a trail mix bar, wet clothes, and hit the trail because I knew I had to catch the bus leaving at 4:00 PM. I quickly hit a wide open volcanic field that seemed never ending. This continued for the next 3 hours and the "rain" or mist was starting to come down. Initially I was having fun because it cooled you off. At 11:30 I hit Emstrur. The warden of the hut there told me I had no time to waste if I was trying to hit the bus so I quickly ran through. She also told me the jeans were a bad idea... I was starting to agree. The mist started to sink through all of my layers and quickly became very heavy as the landscape turned to giant moss-like valleys with streams ripping through them. Well, I finally hit the bus, and suffered through the 4 hours of dampness to get to my hostel. It was an extremely gorgeous hike that I would like to run someday without the pack.






No comments:

Post a Comment