Thursday, October 8, 2015

10-8 Zermatt, Switzerland

10/8 
Zermatt, Switzerland
Today, was amazing! The most beautiful landscape I've ever seen! I woke up and took the Mont Blanc Express out of Chamonix, France. The clouds were starting to depart from the peaks of the mountains there. The train ride was pretty intense because the train rails were clinging to the side of the cliffs. There were also cool little outcrops of 3 or 4 houses on the side of the cliffs. I could only think that for the winter they must have all their firewood ready and food stocked because the only way they're getting out of there is falling off the cliff!
 









 Once in Zermatt, I was in complete awe of the mountains around me. These aren't like the mountains that I love in Colorado. These are like the Rockies if they were squished together and shot straight up out of the ground leaving no easy trails and only sheer cliffs to climb to get the the top of the peaks. I came here to be in the presence of the Matterhorn and it was definitely worth it. This is a mountain kid's paradise. There is so much to do, and the entire town appeared to be active. Even leaving at 6:30 the next morning, the people were all heading to the lifts and hotels to start their shifts for the tourists. It reminded me of the mountain towns that I like so much. I took the train up to the observation point and that was really cool and crowded as well. Switzerland is expensive though and I resorted to a quick cheap meal. I hit the hay pretty early since it had been a long day. The Matterhorn would definitely be a dream to climb. That would be amazing!!!!!!


Here are their little taxi carts.







No comments:

Post a Comment